Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Weekend update

This past weekend Emily sowed about 12 blue lake and about 6 contender bush beans, both in Bed#4.   I sowed one planter of Selma Zesta pole beans, and another one of Rattlesnake pole beans. 
We also bought a 4 pack of broccoli at Ace, as yet another backup for my own plantings.   I transplanted 3 of the 4.

 
Also at Ace, we picked up some Sweet Asylum (lots of little white flowers, stays close to the ground), and a few zinnias.  I put them all in the front bed, and tried to edge the bed like the professionals do (with the angle cut that makes a trench).  It looks pretty nice, and hopefully this will make it easier to mow without messing up the bed. 

 
 
We ate our first two asparagus last week, and there are two more coming up.
This is just to show how tall the garlic has grown already. 
 So I think i might have left the basil outside inthe sun for too long on Sunday.  I'm pretty sure this is what they meant by "sunburned", but I am not sure.  The weather was nice, but after I brought them in, I noticed a chalky color on some of the leaves.   A similar thing happend to the tithonia that as out as well. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment