Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Update on the bed

I just wanted to post a few pictures of the bed, well actually, just the headboard.   I have been waiting for the temperature to raise so that I could start staining and finishing the headboard.  That time has finally come.  So far I have two coats of stain, and two coats of wipe on poly.  I have another 4-5 coats of the poly left, and then I'll be able to bring it inside finally.   




Of course, this is just the headbaord, and not even all of it. Next, I will stain and finish the top piece of trim, and the stability rail that connects the two legs.

After that, I will finally be able to cut the sideboards down to size, and the last piece of the foot board.  Nothing fancy with any of those, so this should all go pretty smoothly from here.    

No comments:

Post a Comment