Wednesday, May 30, 2012

May 30th, 2012

This weekend we raked back the old straw and the weeds and we put down some weed blocking cloth in between the rows.   I then laid some fresh straw.  Looks nice and organized again.
Have been munching on peas this past week.  There are not really enough to cook with, but there are always enough to snack on while I'm outside.   
The first beans started coming in this weekend.  We each had 2 tiny beans on Monday.  Yum.  
While at Home Depot this weekend, I picked up an acorn squash plant, which I had been thinking about doing.  Then, on an impulse, I grabbed a Cantaloupe plant as well.   
Last night I cut the entire row of Asian mixed greens at about an inch high.  It was ready to eat, and starting to really shade the tiny pepper transplants.   We ate half last night, and washed and bagged the rest.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment