Thursday, May 24, 2012

Slug/Dahlia update

A quick update on the stuff growing in the front of the house.  The slug bait came in the mail yesterday, and it was perfect timing.  It had just rained for two days straight, and when I went out to apply it, I actually saw a slug wrapped around one of the butternut squash seedlings.   Caught red handed.   So I applied the pellets, and now it is time to wait.  

Other good news is that a few of the Dahlias sent up additional shoots.   Of course they were eaten, but if this stuff works, it gives me hope that the next round of shoots can make it.   Not sure how much energy those tubers have left, but maybe we will get lucky!  I am going to plant some more beans and summer squash soon.  This will be the 5 planting I think.  Never give up, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment