Friday, November 9, 2012

Freeze?

So things are winding down.  These pictures were all taken last weekend, on November 5th.  I'm not sure if it actually reached freezing temps, but it was close.




I think I got the peppers in a few hours before I would have lost a bunch of them, thanks to Emily.  She reminded me at around 9pm at night that I said it might freeze.   Sure enough, it was COLD out there.  As you can see below, some of them started to get these little circles on them, and a few others started to wrinkle.  I'm not 100% sure this had to do with the cold, but that is my hunch.  


The good news is that most of them were just fine.  One final harvest.  









So all that is left now are the cover crops and a few fall greens that I am experimenting with.  I can now say much more definitively that I waited to long with the greens. Lesson learned.   However, I'm letting the experiment live on.   Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised :)

Spinach
Collards
The radishes are actually looking great.  

No comments:

Post a Comment