Friday, March 16, 2012

Hello World! Welcome to our garden in Washington DC (Takoma)

We moved into our house July of 2010, and this will be our third year of gardening.  The garden, as well as our gardening experience, has expanded each year, and we have both really enjoyed it.  Both of our parents, as well as my grandparents (Bobe and Zade) have been our gardening inspiration, and we aim to follow in their footsteps.

I have been using Google Docs, and Google calendar to keep track of all of my gardening notes, and I have been using Picasa to share the pictures with friends and family (mostly family).  I actually am surprised it took me this long to think about using a blog to accomplish both of those goals at the same time.    

This past winter I spent a lot of time reading some of Zade's gardening books that are 20+ years old ,and comparing the information with the books that Ben and Emily got me last year.  The information in my professional career changes on a monthly basis.   It has been really fun studying material that mostly has remained the same for decades, if not centuries.   

I also spent a lot of time reading articles online, and learning about the crops we intend to grow this year.  Just like with everything else on the internet, I am still always amazed at how much information is online.   It would be a great "side effect" if by documenting my mistakes, lessons, and successes, I could eventually pay it forward.  That would be pretty cool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment